Preparing for a new baby can be a fun and exciting time. There are so many things to do within nine months to prepare for the arrival of your newest family member. As a small business owner, mother of two, and now an expectant new mother, being organized and prepared is a must-have trait. Utilizing timelines, check-list, and guides can help prepare for everything and adjust to the unexpected.
A Baby Registry Can Be A Check List Too
I recommend creating a baby registry as soon as you find out you are pregnant. A baby registry is not just a list of things you want people to purchase you for your baby shower. This registry is also a total list of items you’ll need to prepare for your new bundle of joy. The registry is a great way to have an ongoing list of items. For information on what should be included on your registry, check out this handy checklist HERE.
Don’t Forget to Register For Furniture and Nursery Decor
As a Certified Interior Decorator and Professional Organizer, I believe a nursery can be both fabulous and functional. It’s perfectly fine to create a beautiful environment for your baby. Although you may be the one to enjoy it the most, wouldn’t it feel great to have a beautiful spot for your little one. Use your baby registry to plan and organize your nursery furniture and decor. Your family and friends will not think you are specifically asking them to purchase these items. However, someone may surprise you with a matching crib sheet in your baby’s theme.
Babies R Us is King of Baby Registry
Babies R Us is my go-to one stop shop for all things babies related. I’m so happy to have had the opportunity to participate in their Happy Places Event at the Arlington, Texas Babies R Us. Check your local Babies R Us location for various fun and informative in-store events such as “Ready, Set, Register,” “Baby’s First Birthday,” “Breastfeeding Basis,” “Expecting Twins” and many more.
10 Reasons to Register With Babies R Us
- Endless Earnings – You can earn 10% back on all purchases you make on your registry. This is why it is important to register early and register for EVERYTHING. Your earning can be used to purchase anything in the store.
- Expert Advice & Helpful Registry Resources – Babies R Us registry consultants are trained to answer your questions and provide helpful resources.
- 1 Year of Returns – You have up to one year to make returns .
- Price Match Guarantee – Babies R Us will price match their competitors store or online prices. It’s a Win-Win situation.
- Completion Discount – You will receive a completion discount on everything remaining on your registry.
- Pre & Postnatal Classes – Check out the many classes at your local Babies R Us.
- Exclusive Partner Benefits – Babies R Us trusted brands are always providing help for customers.
- Unparalleled Selection – You’ll be able to find everything you need at Babies R Us.
- Easy & Convenient Registry – You’re able to update your registry at anytime online or at any of the many retail stores.
- Shower Planning Tools & Resources – Babies R Us provides information on “How tos” on shower planning and Registry Announcement Cards.
To learn more, visit www.babiesrus.com/registrybenefits
My Baby Registry Experience
Around week 16 of my pregnancy, I decided it was well overdue for me to start my registry. I wanted to wait until we knew the gender so I could concentrate of gender specific items. Although I could have begun my registry online, I decided to start it in the store. I wanted to physically see the items I initially wanted, but make any edits to my registry online. I did not make an appointment, I just walked in and went straight to the Baby Registry Counter. I was greeted by the most polite lady ever. The very first thing she did was introduce herself and offer me a bottled water. She then proceeded to help me complete the application and discussed the Endless Earning program. She went over the checklist and showed me how to use the registry scanner to add items to my list.
As I entered each department to select items to add to my registry, I was welcomed by an associate and asked if I needed any assistance. The process was very fun and enjoyable. At the conclusion, I returned the registry scanner to the Baby Registry Counter. The same lady gave me a goodie bag filled with items for me and the baby. I thought that was such an awesome touch. Two weeks after making my registry, I received a personal phone call from a Babies R Us associate congratulating me and asking if I needed any further assistance. I am overall pleased with everything. Click HERE to view my current registry.
From Guest Room to Divine Nursery
I am so excited to be able to transform my unused guest room into a Divine Nursery in the next few months. I would love for you to come on this journey with me. To see the current state of the room, check out my YouTube Video HERE. I absolutely love room conversions, check out how I converted a closet into an office HERE.
Follow me on social media for updates, future blog posts, and videos on the nursery room conversion. I have a feeling I will be my most difficult client.
If you need help getting your home and life organized, register for my free “5 Days to an Organized Home & Life” email course. You’ll receive tips and suggestions for five days and a copy of my eBook. You can register for the free course Here.
As always, thanks for stopping by. If you have any organizational or decorating questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I would love to hear from you. For information concerning our decorating services and products, please visit Divine Elements of Design.