If you like crafting, you are likely to stock up with tons of craft materials. While this might make your heart sing, it also does a good job at keeping your home overcrowded. It can be very stressful to watch clutter add up without having a clue as to how to tame it. Well, don’t stress out. You can keep your craft space tidy and beautiful, all you need is a few good tips. We’ll show you how to organize your craft supplies with a few easy and simple tips.
- Organize your ribbons. A clever and beautiful way to store your ribbons is to wrap them around wood craft sticks. You’ll find 100 pieces of craft sticks for 5 dollars at Amazon. They are the perfect decision for your ribbons. And if you don’t want those sticks scattered around, put them in a clean mason jar. It will keep them in place and readily at hand.
- Organize your craft beads in drawers. Designate a few drawers for your beads. Spray them with an all purpose cleaner and wipe off any dust or grime. Let dry. Fill each drawer with craft foam. Place your gems and jewels inside. If you want your drawer to look nice, cover it with fabric. In addition, try putting a mesh in a frame and there you have it – the perfect holder for all your pinables.
- Hang your beaded bracelets and necklaces. There are a multitude of options here. You can hang these items on a magnet board, towel hooks, even on a cheese grater! A cork board will suffice, too. Moreover, if you have an empty wall, think about decorating it with your items. This will serve as double duty. First, your beaded jewelry will have a home, and second, your wall will be gorgeous. Not to mention, you’ll find your items more easily. All you have to do is attach a few hooks on your walls and hang your stuff.
- Keep your items in tea cups. Ah, tea cups. They are so small and so cute. Many stores offer a great variety of tea cups. They come in various sizes, patterns, and shapes. If you have a spare set of teacups, think about using it to keep some of your craft supplies clean and organized. Inside of the teacups, you can store bobby pins, earrings, bracelets, rubber bands, hooks, knitting looms, etc.
- Stick with small baskets or shoe boxes. They have a few advantages. They come in different sizes, can be stored under the bed, on the dressing table, in the closet, on the floor, etc.. They can accommodate so much stuff, from roving rolls, to cutting tools, adhesives, paper, chalk markers and much more. Not to mention, they can blend with the décor. Wrap them in paper or fabric so that they are cute and presentable. Make sure the color matches that of the walls or furnishings in the room.
- Use revolving storage. Buy a four tray revolving storage bin on Harbor Freight. These items will provide enough space for all your craft supplies. Not to mention, you can also accommodate other belongings. The trays come in 3 and 6 compartments. They are quite durable and presentable. They will make your life easier and your living environment more organized.
- Use toilet paper tubes to store your scissors, paintbrushes, pencils, markers and crayons. Place as many tubes in a box as you can fit. Stand up all your items. Opt for paper towel tubes if you wish. Just make sure to cut each one in half before you put it in the box.
We really hope you found our ideas helpful. Roll up your sleeves and organize your craft supplies. Good luck.
The article was contributed by Edna Thomson, owner of EndOfTenancyCleaners Hampstead.
Edna and the Decorator’s Voice would love to hear other ways you store your craft items. Please leave your ideas in the comments section.
As always, if you need help getting your home and life organized, register for my free “5 Days to an Organized Home & Life” email course. You’ll receive tips and suggestions for five days and a copy of my eBook. You can register for the free course at .