Don’t allow your rental status to prevent you from decorating your home. Your home is where your heart is, and it should reflect it. Although many rental agreements limit the amount of decorating you may do, don’t let that stop you from turning your house into a home. Below are a few decorating tips you can take which will maintain your security deposit.
- Area rugs are great for adding color and defining a space in a room. There is no need to disturb the current flooring. Simply be creative with an area rug. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Opt for large pictures and art work. This is great when you’re not allowed to paint.
- Use plants and vases to hide wires, pipes, and other structural challenges. Sometimes unsightly items such as a/c units and radiators can be a major eye sore.
- Use room dividers as decor pieces. This is great for redefining an area and also providing a great visual effect.
- Don’t be afraid to remove doors from the hinges. By removing the doors, you can open the flow of your home and also fully utilize closet spaces. The doors can slide neatly under a bed and can be reinstalled prior to moving out.
- Use Command Strips to hang pictures and art on the wall. This is great if you’re not allowed to make holes in the walls. The Command Strips are easy to install and protects the walls.
I hope you found these tips helpful. I would love to hear other ideas on how you decorate your rental. If you need help getting your home and life organized, register for my free “5 Days to an Organized Home & Life” email course. You’ll receive tips and suggestions for five days and a copy of my eBook. You can register for the free course Here.
As always, thanks for stopping by. If you have any organizational or decorating questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I would love to hear from you. For information concerning our decorating services and products, please visit Divine Elements of Design.
Need My Help With Your Design or Organization Project?