The struggle is indeed real when it comes to maintaining a clean home. Even with the assistance of occasional help, keeping a home clean takes effort. These 11 strategies have been proven to help. Trust me!! Take the challenge for yourself and let me know how it worked.
1) Wash a small load of clothes each day. Do not let your clothes pile up. A large stack of laundry can be intimidating. Wash only as many clothes as you can comfortably put away at one time.
2) Don’t let your dirty dishes stack up. Wash dishes immediately or place them in the dishwasher after use. If necessary, use paper or plastic disposal dishes.
3) Clean your refrigerator often. Do not let left overs or to go containers take over your refrigerator.
4) Vacuum after you dust.
5) Use a swifter sheet or microfiber cloth to wipe down baseboards, window seals, and other surfaces.
6) Remove clutter, not create more storage space. Please refrain from constantly buying items to hid things.
7) Keep flat surfaces clean. Its easy to drop paper or other items on your coffee table, dresser, kitchen counter, etc..
8) Keep coupons in a clear poly folder in your car. We often have great coupons but accidentally leave them at home.
9) Use your calendar and create a realistic daily routine. Do small projects each day.
10) Return borrowed items immediately. Assign a home for everything.
11) Politely decline unwanted items of friends and family. Limit the amount of items that you bring into your home.
Please share some of the strategies you use to keep your home clean? If you haven’t subscribed to the Decorator’s Voice, please do so to stay updated on interior decorating tips, organizational ideas, and planning & productivity strategies.